Sunday, December 10, 2006

Step One and Two complete

I had just recently come home from a 16 month deployment to Iraq. I found absolutely NO pennies there because they don't actually use coin money. They use these little cardboard 'coins' that they call pogs for money. Since I felt it would not be the same, I had decided that I would have to wait until my return to the states.

To be honest, I had completely forgotten that I had even started this project until I found my first penny.

Since my return, I had been through quite a bit. Welcome home, you're getting a divorce. In this case, good riddance anyway. Because of that entire thing, I ended up staying in a hotel room for a week or more. I was traveling through the lobby when I looked down and suddenly there it was! A beautiful 1991 Lincoln Penny calling out to me. I was with a friend and he ran into my back because I had stopped so suddenly. I stood there for a moment, looking at this penny and remembering about this project, and pocketed the coin. Originally my plan was to post right away, but I had things to accomplish, so I spaced that I had it. I then had gone out with a few of my war hero peers and again, found a 2000 penny. Again I pocketed the coin and waited since I was not near a computer to post. Then just today I was walking through the same hotel lobby and found a 2005 penny. Third time is a charm, so I decided that I am well on my way for this project and still have all three pennies in my possession. I had just realized that I had already accomplished two steps, and that I am half way to completion of the third step. All I need now is a single penny!

Welcome home soldier! You're on your way to a million dollars!

12 comments:

Arkad said...

Welcome home, soldier.

I look forward to following your progress. I'm currently on step 9 and have really enjoyed the project so far.

Good luck with your quest.

Arkad
The Richest Man in Atherstone

Peter Mackenzie said...

Wishing you great success on your journey to a million. I have added you to my blogroll of doublers.
Mackenzie

Xinfinitum said...

Congratulations on getting home and on getting started again with your doubling a penny to a million plan.

Keep plugging away.

Xinfinitum

Xinfinitum said...

Congratulations on getting home and on getting started again with your doubling a penny to a million plan.

Keep plugging away.

Xinfinitum

Unknown said...

Welcome home and good luck on your project. I will be watching your progress.

This will probably seem easy compared to being in Iraq.

Scott
double2mil.blogspot.com

Rachel. said...

Glad you got home safely :) Believe it or not, there are some in other countries who respect what you do !!
Hope you have a better year in 2007,
Rachel.

Doubling Challenge

Rachel said...

Good luck with your progress. I have added your blog to the links on mine.

Rachel
http://turnonepoundintoonemillion.blogspot.com

Kessa Thea said...

I just happened to pass by. All the best... :-)

Xinfinitum said...

Hope you are able to get started back up soon.

I would love to see a fellow doubler continue on the adventure.

Regards,
Xinfinitum
Double To A Million Blog

Michael said...

I just past $100 on my project. Keep up the good work.

Michael

http://one-penny-project.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

Do you have plans to start doubling again?

Please note that I have now changed my domain name of my blog to http://www.turnonepoundintoonemillion.com so if you currently link to me (as I do to you) please could you update your link. Thank you very much.

Rachel
http://www.turnonepoundintoonemillion.com

david.adah said...

WOW!! WEll ladies and gentlemen! Here all this time I was on a seperate computer trying to figure out why every time I logged in on THIS computer, it kept trying to get me to claim a blog I didn't recognize, until I finally tried GOING to the blog and found out it was the one I started back in 2007!!! THEN to see 55 comments, most of which are (chinese??) spam comments. However there are quite a few of you that started following my blog, so for THOSE of you who MIGHT happen to get this message, please come to my NEW blog and post a comment somewhere so I can add you to my doubler's list, or simply pass by so I can say hello and thank you for your support!!

Come to:

aetuxbe.blogspot.com

Thanks! and I hope to see you all there! I've gotten much farther this time.